Wednesday 12 October 2011

Boxes and Bits!

So... always being the optimist, I bought a brake master cylinder off some guy on the DriftWorks Forum who didn't seem to have very good feedback on his page and all seemed a bit suspect! However the price was right and there aren't many of these little BM-57 cookies going around, so I jumped on it.

About a week later, I collected said Z32 BMC and would you know it.... it wasn't the right one! BAS*@$%?!
Still trying to get my money back on that one but i'm not holding my breathe!!
SuperCarParts came to the rescue though with an actual 300zx BMC so snapped that up straight away

Another purchase was the Norris Designs FMIC... that turned up in good time (Was the correct item as well :D )! Couple dings on it that you can just about make out. Looks like it's been shunted by a curb on the underside and pushed up, but the core is peachy, no cracks that I can see (soon find out on boost test!)


So the plan next week:
  • Fit the starter motor (that I bought ages ago and has just been laying on the floor of my garage doing sweet f.a.). Now i've got better access to the transmission tunnel after taking the intake and bits off i'll bolt that on and get it hooked up.
  • Start cutting out the battery tray to make way for the FMIC and get that all mocked up for fitment (as best as without the intake on!)
  • Fit the BMC.
  • Continue trying to get my money back for the other BMC! 
Busy week!


Lots of new(ish) parts ready to be installed

Recon starter motor with a few uses miles on it. 

Finally got the BM-57 BMC I was after!

FMIC kit - Couple dings, but nothing i'm worried about!

The first "z32" BMC I bought... Didn't know you could spell "300zx" like "SKYLINE" hmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment